2016/17 Elderberry Apple Shots Drink & Food Recipe Contest
Tell us how you use your Elderberry Apple Shots before March 17, 2017, and win a 365-day supply of Shots
Before March 17, 2017 all you have to do is:
1) share with us a drink or food recipe that incorporates Elderberry Apple Shots and a brief statement about “what elderberry means to you,” and
2) send it along with your contact details including telephone number and shipping address to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title as “Elderberry Apple Shots Recipe Contest Entry.”
Our three esteemed judges will evaluate all the recipes we receive after the contest ends on March 17, 2017. Recipes can be either a drink or a prepared food – anything really! The judges will score recipes based on:
(1) perceived quality of taste
2) the importance of Elderberry Apple Shots in the recipe
(3) the recipe’s creativity and originality
(4) the recipe’s ease of duplication
(5) what you say in your brief statement.
Recipes that make the finals will be kitchen tested and a Winner and Runner-up with be selected.
On or about April 26, 2017, we will notify the Winner and Runner-Up and will then ship 365 servings of Elderberry Apple Shots (21 bottles) to the Winner and 180 servings of Elderberry Apple Shots to the Runner-up (10 bottles). It’s that easy to enter. And depending on how good your recipe is – you can win!!
• No purchase necessary to win, must be at least 21 or older to participate and meet all other eligibility requirements. Click here for complete contest rules.
• Limit one entry per person (so make it good).
• Valid in the Contiguous US and Washington DC. Void in Alaska, Hawaii and where prohibited
• By entering the contest, you consent to our promotion of your submission.
Thank you for participating in our recipe contest.
from Fat Stone Farm
The Contest is only open to legal citizens of the 48 contiguous United States (including D.C.) who are currently residing in the 48 contiguous United States (or D.C.) (i.e. must be able to show proof of legal residence), are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry, and who did not purchase any products solely for the purposes of entering the Contest. Sponsor’s owners, employees, their relatives, immediate family members (spouse, siblings, parents, and children) and those living in the same household of each such person whether related or not, as well as winners of this Contest in previous years are not eligible to participate.
The Contest begins on 9/15/2016 at 12:00:00 am Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and ends on 4/24/2017 at 11:59:59 pm EST (the “Contest Period”). The Contest consists of three phases described below:
Start Date (at 12:00 am EST)
End Date (at 11:59 pm EST)
Entry Submission Phase
Preliminary Judging Phase
Finalist Judging Phase
Entries that are submitted before or after the Entry Submission Phase will be disqualified. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
How to Enter
To enter the Contest, visit http://www.fatstonefarm.com during the Entry Submission Phase and follow the instructions that appear on the "How to Win" section. Your entry (each, an “Entry”) must include all of the following: (i) an original recipe for your favorite drink or prepared food that incorporates Fat Stone Farm’s Elderberry Apple Shots (actual purchase not required), including a recipe title, ingredients (readily available at most well-stocked grocery stores), exact measurements or weights, preparation instructions (including cooking temperatures and time if applicable); (ii) a supporting statement/description on what elderberry means to you and/or your family (up to 500 characters); (iii) all requested contact details including full name, date of birth, email address, telephone number (including area code) and your physical shipping address (P.O. Boxes not accepted); and (iv) each Entry must conform to the "Recipe Requirements," described below. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify your Entry if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your Entry fails to conform to the Recipe Requirements or these Rules. Submissions can only be entered via email submitted to email@example.com and the subject title of your email must read “Elderberry Apple Shots Recipe Contest Entry”. Entries submitted via any other method, including but not limited to U.S. Postal Service, facsimile or other express delivery services, will NOT be accepted. Machine or computer-generated mass entries will be disqualified. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Once submitted, Entries cannot be modified or edited. Proof of emailing does not constitute proof of entry.
Recipes and supporting statements must meet the following criteria ("Recipe Requirements"): All Entries must:
- Be the original work solely of the entrant, and must not have been previously published in any media or entered in any other contest or promotion;
- Be in English and conform to character limitations; and
- NOT contain material that:
- violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or otherwise constitutes copyright, patent or trademark infringement;
- is unlawful, inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, and must not promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual. Entries that are profane, or that contain confidential information, brand names, trademarks, logos, insignia (other than Sponsor’s marks), advertisements, copyrighted material, or other intellectual property belonging to any person or entity other than the Entrant, or that promote the use of drugs, tobacco, firearms, or any illegal material or acts, will result in Entrant’s disqualification from the Contest;
- promotes any political agenda or message; and
- appears to duplicate any other submitted Entry
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE RULES. VALID IN THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII, AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
The Fat Stone Farm, LLC Elderberry Apple Shots Recipe Contest (the "Contest") is designed to identify and develop new uses for our delicious Elderberry Apple Shots based on your favorite original recipes. Judges will choose the winning entries and two prizes will be awarded in accordance with these Official Rules (these "Rules").
Although these Rules sound really scary they are only meant to ensure the Contest is well organized, fair to all entrants, and follows applicable governing laws.
1. OUR AGREEMENT: Submission of an entry constitutes your agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of these Rules which form a binding legal agreement between you (the “Entrant”) and Fat Stone Farm, LLC (“Sponsor”) with respect to the Contest. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and where prohibited.
2. SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by Fat Stone Farm, LLC. ("Sponsor"), 139-3 Joshuatown Road, Lyme, CT, USA.
3. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON during the Entry Submission Phase. Entrants may not submit multiple Entries by using multiple email addresses, nor may Entrants use any device or artifice to enter multiple times throughout the Contest or as multiple entrants. Any Entrant who attempts to upload multiple entries with multiple email addresses, under multiple identities or uses any other device or artifice to enter multiple times during the Entry Submission Phase will be disqualified from participation in the Contest. In the event of a dispute as to the ownership of any Entry, the Authorized Account Holder of the email address used to submit the Entry will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address at the time of entry, provided that person meets all eligibility requirements set forth in these Rules.
4. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS:
Preliminary Judging Phase: During the Preliminary Judging Phase, a panel of qualified judges as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will select five (5) finalists from amongst all eligible Entries received during the Entry Submission Phase. Judges will review, evaluate, and rank all eligible Entries on a scale of 1-10 applied to each of the following criteria, all of which will be weighted equally:
- Perceived quality of taste (20%)
- Importance of Elderberry Apple Shots in the recipe (20%)
- Creativity and originality (20%)
- Ease of duplication (20%)
- How well the Entrant explains "what elderberries mean to me" in the supporting statement (20%)
In the event there are an insufficient number of eligible Entries to choose from due to nonconformity with the Recipe Requirements, insufficient quantity or quality of Entries, or for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right to reduce the number of finalists from five (5) to the actual number of finalists selected by the Judges.
Finalist Judging Phase: During the Finalist Judging Phase, each of the finalist Entries will be kitchen-tested, evaluated by each of the judges, and ranked by applying the above referenced judging criteria. The Judges will choose (1) Contest Winner and (1) Contest Runner-up, subject to winner verification.
Tie-breaker: In the event of a tie at any level of judging, the Entry that scored highest in the "perceived quality of taste" category will be deemed the winner. Should a tie still exist, the Entry that scored highest in the "creativity and originality" category shall be deemed the winner. Should a tie still exist, the Entry that scored highest in the “Importance of Elderberry Apple Shots in the recipe” category shall be deemed the winner. Should a tie still exist, the Entry that scored highest in the “How well the Entrant explains ‘what elderberries mean to me’” category shall be deemed the winner. Decisions of the judges are final and binding. If a potential winner is unable for whatever reason to accept his or her prize, then Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to the Entrant with the next highest total score.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Becoming a finalist is subject to Sponsor successfully confirming your eligibility and compliance with all the terms and conditions in these Rules. If a potential finalist or winner is disqualified for any reason, the Entry that received the next highest total score will be chosen as the potential finalist or winner. The potential finalist/winners will be selected and notified by telephone or email on or about 4/26/17. If a potential finalist/winner does not respond to the notification attempt within three (3) days from the first notification attempt, then such potential finalist/winner may be disqualified and the entrant with the next highest score will be selected as an alternate potential finalist/winner. With respect to notification by telephone, such notification will be deemed given when the potential finalist/winner engages in a live conversation with Sponsor or when a message is left on the potential finalist/winner's voicemail by the Sponsor, whichever occurs first. Except where prohibited by law, each potential finalist/winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release and provide any additional information that may be required by Sponsor. If required, potential finalists/winners must return all such required documents (as instructed) within forty-eight (48) hours following attempted notification or such potential finalist/winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and the Entrant with the next highest score will be selected as a potential finalist/winner. Only three (3) alternate potential finalist/winners will be contacted, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Winners will be announced after winner verification is completed, which is expected to be on or about 5/15/2017.
6. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): The Contest Winner will win 365 servings (21 bottles) of Elderberry Apple Shots, with an ARV of $252.00. The Contest Runner-up will win 180 servings (10 bottles) of Elderberry Apple Shots, with an ARV of $144.00. Total ARV of both prizes: $396.00. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 3-5 weeks after the conclusion of the Contest Period. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prizes is allowed, except at Sponsor's sole discretion, and Sponsor hereby reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that an offered prize is unavailable. All applicable federal, state, and local taxes on prizes, and all other costs, expenses and fees associated with winning any prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winners.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, bug, worm, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem, or in the event the Contest is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Entries received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it believes to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorney's fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: As between Sponsor and Entrant, Entrant retains ownership of all intellectual property rights in and to the Entry submitted, except to the extent it contains any of Sponsor’s intellectual property which shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor. Sponsor retains all right, title and interest in and to Sponsor’s intellectual property, and entry into this Contest will in no case serve to transfer any of Sponsor’s intellectual property rights to the Entrant. Submitting an Entry constitutes Entrant’s consent to grant Sponsor a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, create a derivative work from, and publicly display the Entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose, including display on Sponsor’s websites and for other commercial, promotional and marketing purposes, without any attribution or compensation to Entrant. If necessary, Entrant agrees to sign any necessary documentation that may be required for Sponsor to make use of the rights referenced herein. By submitting an Entry, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor may obtain many Entries and that your Entry may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to others submitted in this Contest, or to other ideas conceived by or provided to Sponsor, and you waive any and all claims you have or may have, now or in the future, that any Entry and/or other works accepted, received and/or used by Sponsor are similar or identical to your Entry. Except where prohibited by law, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor does not have, nor shall it have in the future, any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious or contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of any copyright in and to your Entry.
9. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Contest shall constitute permission of Sponsor, its parent and affiliated companies (if any), or its agents, to use each winner’s name, prize won, hometown, likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity (including online posting) in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission. By entering the Contest, Entrants understand and agree that their Entries may be posted on Sponsor’s websites for public viewing during and after the Contest. The Released Parties are not liable for the use of all or any portion of an Entry by any third-party, and have no duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory or otherwise in connection with any such third-party use.
10. WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY: By entering, you represent and warrant that: (i) you are the sole and exclusive owner of your Entry and of all rights in your Entry (except for any of Sponsor’s intellectual property); (ii) you have the right to submit the Entry in the Contest and to transfer and assign to the Sponsor all rights and licenses in the Entry as described in these Rules; and (iii) your Entry conforms to the Recipe Requirements and these Rules. By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and each of its respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any injuries, losses, damages, rights, costs (including attorneys’ fees) liability, claims or causes of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of your participation in the Contest and the acceptance and use/misuse of the prize offered, including without limitation, personal injury, death and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or use/misuse or redemption of the prize. Winners acknowledge that the Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, its quality, condition, fitness for a particular purpose or merchantability, except that each prize shall be subject to its manufacturer’s standard warranty or guarantee (if any) and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee.
11. RELEASE: The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (ii) any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prizes; (iii) any Entries that are lost, misdirected, or otherwise not received within the Entry Submission Phase due to technical failures, garbled transmissions, human error or intervention, or for any other reason whatsoever; (iv) electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of Entry materials, (v) technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or (vi) inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive Entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof.
12. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Connecticut. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs (if any) associated with entering the Contest, but in no event shall any party be liable for another’s attorneys' fees. Under no circumstances will any Entrant seek or obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim any indirect, punitive, incidental, consequential damages, or the like, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, exclusive of attorneys’ fees, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, Entrants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Connecticut, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Connecticut.
14. WINNERS’ LIST: You can request a copy of the list of Winners by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org after the Contest Period has ended until 7/31/17.